Events and Contests > PA Press Conference > Online Reporter Project Auction
Online Reporter Project Auction
Each year at the Pennsylvania Press Conference, this auction raises funds to support the next year's Online Reporter Project through generous donations of news organizations throughout the state. Plan to come to this year's Conference, May 20 & 21 in Harrisburg, to bid on great items such as sporting event tickets, hotel packages, art work, signed books or posters, themed baskets and much more, all while supporting this worthwhile program!
The Online Reporter Project is a two day internship for college sophomores, juniors and seniors enrolled in journalism or communications programs in Pennsylvania. These student interns cover the annual Pennsylvania Press Conference and Keystone Press Awards for a comprehensive online operation, which becomes available to everyone.
To donate to this important project, complete the Auction Item Donation Form and fax to (717) 703-3008, email Teresa Shaak, Manager, Foundation Projects, at email@example.com, or phone (717) 703-3003. Even if you are not able to attend the conference, you can still show your support by donating an item!
In addition to the listing to the right, these great items have been donated to the auction. Come ready to bid!
- Official road sign "Welcome to Conoy Township - This is not a gun free zone". Donated by The Elizabethtown Advocate.
- Cases of locally brewed beer. Donated by PennLive/The Patriot-News, Harrisburg.
- Packet of autographed history books. Donated by the York Daily Record/Sunday News.
- Original cartoon by Pulitzer Prize winning cartoonist, Tony Auth. Donated by The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Full color sports magazine from September 1953 with Phillies Hall of Fame pitcher, Robin Roberts. Donated by The Philadelphia Inquirer.
- Signed original cartoon by Randy Bish. Donated by Randy Bish.
- Basket of Johnstown. Donated by The Tribune-Democrat, Johnstown.