Events and Contests > PA Press Conference > Online Reporter Project Auction
Online Reporter Project Auction
Each year, the Pennsylvania Society of News Editors (PSNE) holds an auction at the Pennsylvania Press Conference to support the next year's Online Reporter Project.
Auctioned items are typically donated by newspapers from across the state and bid on by the attendees at the Pennsylvania Press Conference. Popular donations in the past have been sporting event tickets, signed memorabilia, hotel packages, art work, gift cards, and area baskets.
The Online Reporter Project
is a three day internship for college juniors and seniors enrolled in journalism or communications programs in Pennsylvania. These student interns cover the annual Pennsylvania Press Conference and Keystone Press Awards for a comprehensive online operation, which becomes available to everyone.
If you wish to donate an item to support this important project, please contact Teresa Shaak, Manager, Foundation Projects, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 703-3003.
View this year's donations to the right, plus these great additions:
- Lake Erie wine basket and chocolates. Donated by the Erie Times-News
- Roy Peter Clark book bundle, signed by the author, PLUS the high bidder receives a 20-minute phone conversation with this highly respected writing teacher! Donated by Central Penn Business Journal, Harrisburg.
- Gift certificate to Jimmie Kramer's Peanut Bar, Reading's well-known restaurant as featured on The Travel Channel. Donated by the Reading Eagle Company.
- "Basket of York County" including York County produced snacks. Donated by the York Daily Record/Sunday News.
- Four tickets to Penn State vs. Buffalo game on Sept. 12, includes parking pass. Donated by PennLive/The Patriot-News, Harrisburg.
- Case of Troegs Brewing Company beer and Appalachian Brewing Company beer. Donated by PennLive/The Patriot-News, Harrisburg.
- "Gettysburg Gift Basket" includes Gettysburg/Adams County wine, snacks, clothing and books about the Battle. Donated by the Gettysburg Times.
- and much, much more!